- Paul Kahan
This article is a GE slate refrigerator review of this new product for you and its drawbacks so you can decide if it’s worth purchasing!
GE’s newest refrigerator, the GE slate fridge, is not your average refrigerator. With a sleek design and an ice maker in the door, this appliance is perfect for any family looking to make their kitchen stand out.
The inside of the GE slate fridge features LED lighting that automatically adjusts for optimal visibility when you open up either the left or right side of the fridge.
This fridge also has adjustable shelving, which can be moved to accommodate more oversized items like gallons of milk or cartons of juice. And with its spacious interior, you’ll never have to worry about running out of room!
What is GE Slate?
GE Slate appliances are a stark contrast to stainless steel. One, slate has a matte, stone-inspired finish rather than stainless steel’s shiny, metallic finish. The current strong trend in high-end cars is matte paint finishes. Kitchen appliances are also adopting this trend.
It looks like this:
- Stone-inspired, matte finish
- Warm gray color with subtle bronze/brown undertone
- For contrast, stainless steel handles
Samsung’s new Tuscan finish is the only comparable finish with a warmer toned finish as of 2022.
It is worth considering:
- With positive feedback from customers, a proven track record in the market
- It may be slightly stronger than stainless steel and less likely to highlight minor flaws.
- It’s more durable than other black stainless refrigerator finishes available today because it’s a paint-on finish, not a transparent coating.
- Available in the mid-tier GE brand as well as the high-end GE Profile brands
- Magnetic – magnetic means you can keep your souvenirs from vacation on your fridge!
Slate is an excellent choice for white kitchen cabinets, which are extremely popular in new constructions and remodels. It can accent both metallic and earth tones in your kitchen, making it an excellent choice for various color schemes.
It can be used for both a warm and inviting look or something more industrial. If fingerprints or smudges on stainless steel are a problem, the matte finish is a good option.
GE is the latest manufacturer to roll out a new finish for its major appliances. A gray-toned metallic with slightly less sheen than the stainless steel it’s looking to succeed launches this month across a suite of appliances that includes French-door refrigerators, freestanding gas, and electric ranges, dishwashers, and an over-the-range microwave.
Appliances Available in Slate
You’ll find it on more than 100 GE products, including the main GE Appliances and the more advanced GE Profile lines. This means you have access to a broad range of options for your kitchen appliance collection.
A variety of GE brands are available, including:
- French door, top freezer, and side-by refrigerators are available in counter-depth and standard depth configurations.
- Both electric and gas ranges are slide-in or freestanding and can be equipped with single or two ovens.
- Double and single wall ovens
- Microwaves that are built-in, countertop, or over-the-range
- Front control and top control dishwashers
- Hoods for chimney-style or under-cabinet range hoods
There are many options when it comes down to selecting a slate kitchen set. Consider purchasing an appliance package to save even more.
Next, we will discuss what options and pricing are available for slate kitchen appliances. Click here to see all GE slate appliances. Continue reading.
Review: My door is scratch from the countertop corner. The fridge got pushed back too far and got a scratch on the corner of the counter. I’m so disappointed because it’s brand new and I really love it.
- Slate appliances can be distinguished. Slate appliances will make your kitchen stand out from all the rest.
- It can be considered high-end and give your kitchen a higher-end look than white or black appliances.
- You can find it in both the main GE Appliances and high-end GE Profile lines. This gives you a wide range of options within the brand. GE offers many options for a slate finish. This is a far better selection than the few options offered by some black stainless steel manufacturers.
- It has a matte finish and is more resistant to fingerprints than stainless steel. It may also be slightly more durable for everyday wear and tear.
- The slate finish has a warmer, earthier look than stainless steel. This is an excellent choice for some kitchen designs, and it’s especially good with white cabinetry.
- It can be matched with chrome or stainless hardware, such as a chrome sink faucet, by having contrasting stainless steel knobs and handles.
Another thing to remember about it is that it goes beautifully with white kitchen cabinets which are very popular in new construction and kitchen remodels at the moment.
It can accentuate both earth tones and metallic tones in your kitchen, making it a versatile choice for a range of different color schemes and styles.
- GE Appliances is the only company that offers it is the only manufacturer that offers this color option. If you want the same color in your kitchen, you can’t mix and match brands.
- Slate is an unusual color in the appliance market. Although GE slate appliances are selling well, it’s not clear how long the color will be in production.
- GE does not plan to discontinue this color, but consumers should be aware that it is a limited-edition product made by one manufacturer.
- Slate isn’t as popular as stainless steel, and it is still unclear where the industry will go with black stainless steel. Slate may not be recognized as a popular option for homebuyers if they are concerned about the near-term resale price of their home.
All told, it’s a basic but functional build that gets more right than it gets wrong. Even without the slate finish, I’d be more or less satisfied with it at the price I’d be paying. Customer said.
Refrigerators GE offers all refrigerator styles in slate: top freezer, bottom freezer, side by side, and French door models. Pricing starts at around $809 MSRP for top-freezer refrigerators and around $1,599 for French door, side by side, and bottom-freezer models. From basic models to more advanced designs, like their refrigerator with Keurig built-in, you have a wide range of options to choose from!
GE offers all types of refrigerators in slate: side by side, top freezer, bottom freezer, and side-by-side.
Prices start at $809 MSRP for top-freezer refrigerators and $1,599 per French door, side-by-side, and bottom-freezer models. There are many options available, from basic models to more sophisticated designs like the Keurig-integrated French door refrigerator. There is a lot to choose from! The most well-designed, spacious models start at $1,599 to $2,199 MSRP.
The GDE21EMKES bottom freezer model, which is 30 inches wide and 21 cubic feet in volume, costs $1,799. The bottom in-door shelf doesn’t stick out as far as the shelf above it, which makes getting things in and out of it a bit awkward. The spill-proof shelving works well at isolating messes, except for the glass that sits above the crisper bins.
Most of the GE side by side refrigerators have their freezer on the left side. The style sometimes creates space and storage problems and is usually less expensive than others.
The top freezer refrigerator has its freezer on top of the fridge portion, while the bottom freezer has its own below the fridge. They are usually the most spacious refrigerators with the French door models a little more expensive than the top freezer ones.
In terms of capacity, the GTE18GMHES offers 17.5 cubic feet of total storage space, 13.5 of which is dedicated to the fridge. That’s not bad at all for a refrigerator that’s only 28 inches wide.
Sure enough, when I tested things out with our standard load of groceries, I was able to fit everything in with room to spare.
Some customer reviews: I like the functionality of this refrigerator. It has a lot of room. It does hum pretty loud, and the bottom freezer door squeaks when opened and shut. Also, the refrigerator doors hang unevenly. This review is from GE – 24.8 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator.
The last thing you would expect from a refrigerator is for it to break down barely a year after purchase. This is exactly why reliability is a top factor you need to consider when buying a refrigerator. But, in the end, a refrigerator is just as reliable as the brand name.
Fortunately, GE Appliances is one of the most reliable and best refrigerator brand in the country alongside Samsung refrigerator, LG fridge, and Whirlpool refrigerator.
You should expect to get about the same quality of service from GE Appliance as you would get from other popular refrigerator brands. It is currently available on 50 GE appliances you already love so you don’t have to sacrifice quality for beauty.
Prices start at $649 MSRP on GE slate dishwashers with front controls. Top control models start around $849. Please read our article to learn more about complete control vs. front control washers dryers!
Although they look identical from the outside, these models have different internal controls and options. Many models have stainless steel interiors and feature features such as bottle jets in upper racks and others.
The GE GDT665SMNES is a top-selling slate product, at about $949.
Best customer reviews: My understanding is that Bosch and Miele’s washers dryers are the benchmarks for quality but on these boards, I read numerous complaints about the Bosch. I considered induction cooktops because of the rave reviews (we have electric and I much prefer gas), but we liked the slate and we would likely have had to buy new cookware.
Ranges & Wall Ovens
Most slate ranges from GE start at $1,000 MSRP. Slide-in ranges are priced at $1,599, while double oven models start at $2,000.
Single wall ovens are available starting at $1,749 for models in the mainline. You can also get a built-in microwave oven for about the same price. Double-wall ovens are available starting at $2,549, and GE Profile models can be found in the $3,000 to $3,999 range. You can choose from 27″ or 30″ wall ovens in slate.
This slide-in electric range, for example, is priced at $1609 – GE JS645ELES. Its professional-grade appearance, similar to commercial appliances you find in 5-star restaurants, makes stainless steel a major step up from your basic white and black appliance.
Not to mention its bright, reflective finish makes a kitchen look shiny and clean as opposed to dull and dingy.
Cool vs. Warm Stainless steel offers a cool, crisp allure that helps a space feel breezy and clean while Slate provides a rich, warm gray tone inspired by stone.
Versatility GE’s stainless steel and Slate were both designed to match virtually any kitchen style and design so it never clashes with your decor.
Microwaves & Range Hoods
A slate under the cabinet range hood will cost you $349 MSRP, but it can be purchased as low as $159. A wall-mount chimney style Hood will cost at least $619.
The cost of countertop and over-the-range microwave ovens is around $349. Built-in convection microwave ovens are available in the GE Profile line for a more expensive option. We got GE appliances in Slate – fridge, microwave, double oven dishwasher, and as soon as they are available we will replace our cook top and warming drawer with GE in Slate!
The 1.9-cubic foot capacity GE Profile model PEB9159EJES countertop convection microwave costs $769
We hope that you enjoyed our review of GE Slate Appliances. There are many options on the market today, but slate is a great choice.
For a comprehensive overview of all-new colors available on the market, see our article – The New Appliances Colors – Black Stainless. Black Slate. Black Matte & More.
GE is the best! The GE Cafe Matte Collection is a new color collection that features customizable hardware. You can click the link to learn more.
Leave a comment below. We would love to get your feedback about slate appliances.
Some Related Posts:
- Whirlpool Vs GE Fridge
- LG Vs GE Fridges
- How To Put GE Refrigerator Into Defrost?
- GE Vs Frigidaire Refrigerator 2022: What Is The Best For You
- GE Vs KitchenAid Refrigerator 2022: What Is The Best For You
- Sub Zero Refrigerator Vs Ge Monogram 2022: What Is The Best For You
- Ge Monogram Refrigerator Review 2022: Best Information For You
- Ge Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Review 2022: Best Information For You
- GE Cafe Refrigerator Review 2022: Best Information For You
What color is GE slate?
Slate: A new color by GE that isn’t quite Stainless Steel
It is worth taking a look at. It looks great with many different countertop and cabinet finishes. GE claims that the grey finish looks great in a matched set and also works well with Stainless or other colors of appliances.
Is GE slate fingerprint resistant?
Slate is stain-resistant and refrigerator, so you’ll be amazed at how easy it is for you to clean it! Slate Appliances can be used in conjunction with your preferred cabinetry and flooring. It’s easy to coordinate. … GE Slate appliances offer all the features you and your family use every day.
Is Slate GREY or black?
Slate is a dark gray shade with earthy undertones. Named after slate rock, which has a lighter color than charcoal and often contains hints of red, blue, and brown, the color is called slate.
Are GE refrigerators reliable?
GE Appliances is one of the top three refrigerator brands in the USA. Their refrigerators are built to be reliable and provide good value for money. Besides that, which is better: Side by side or French Door GE refrigerator? A French door refrigerator is basically a side by side refrigerator with a bottom freezer.
Are Slate appliances easy to clean?
Slate Appliances are easy to clean. Slate appliances look sleek and modern, like stainless steel but are easy to clean. The handles can still be stainless steel and need to be cleaned regularly, but the fridge’s surface is not visible every time someone touches it.
As we have the ability to list over one million items on our website (our selection changes all of the time), it is not feasible for a company our size to record and playback the descriptions on every item on our website. However, if you are an American with a disability we are here to help you.
GE’s Slate refrigerator is one of the most popular refrigerators this year. If you need a new appliance, it’s worth giving this model some consideration.
The slate color scheme will blend in with any kitchen decor, and its stainless steel finish makes cleaning easy to do by hand or dishwasher safe for those that prefer an easier time maintaining their appliances.
It also has many other benefits like being ENERGY STAR qualified, which means it’ll save energy and money over the years if properly maintained according to manufacturer instructions.
Publican Anker offers a wide variety of options, so be sure to check out our website for more information.