There are many factors to consider when deciding whether to buy slide in gas range vs freestanding gas range. Some factors include budget, space considerations, and cooking needs.
This guide will help you compare and contrast the two types of ranges so that you can make an informed decision when purchasing a new range for your home.
What Is A Slide-In Range?
Today, more and more people are opting for slide-in ranges over traditional freestanding models. And it’s no wonder why!
Slide-in ranges offer a sleek, built-in look that can make any kitchen feel more high-end. Plus, they come with many convenient features that make cooking a breeze.
If you’re considering a slide-in range for your kitchen, here’s a quick overview of what you can expect. Most slide-in ranges are available in gas or electric models, so you can choose the fuel type that best suits your needs. Gas models are more powerful, while electric models are typically more precise.
Most slide-in ranges have a built-in oven, saving you valuable counter space. Many models also feature a self-cleaning function, so you can easily keep your oven clean with minimal effort.
When shopping for a slide-in range, pay close attention to the cooktop. Some models come with standard burners, while others include more specialized options like griddles or grill burners. If you do a lot of cooking with large pots and pans, look for a model with a powerful burner that can accommodate your needs.
As you shop, you’ll also want to consider the overall size of the range. Make sure to measure your kitchen space before you buy to ensure that the range will fit comfortably in its new home.
With their sleek design and convenient features, it’s easy to see why slide-in ranges have become so popular. If you’re looking for a new range for your kitchen, give slide-ins a closer look.
- A slide-in range is a great option for those who want the look of a built-in range without the hassle and expense of a complete renovation.
- Slide-in ranges fit flush with your countertop and can be installed in any standard kitchen cabinet opening. They come in a variety of styles and finishes to match your décor, and many models include features like self-cleaning ovens and convection cooking.
- Slide-in ranges also offer superior cooking performance thanks to their powerful gas or electric burners.
- Many models include features like dual ovens and convection cooking that make it easy to cook multiple dishes at once or get perfect results every time.
- And because they fit flush with your countertop, slide-in ranges offer a sleek, professional look that adds value to your home.
Slide-in ranges can be more expensive than traditional freestanding ranges and may require professional installation. Additionally, slide-in ranges can be more difficult to clean because they fit flush with your countertop than freestanding models.
What Is A Freestanding Range?
Most homeowners choose a freestanding range for their kitchen because it offers the most flexibility in terms of where it can be placed in the kitchen.
A freestanding range also allows you to choose your backsplash and countertop material, which gives you more control over the overall look of your kitchen.
If you’re looking for a freestanding range for your kitchen, you’ll want to consider the following factors:
Freestanding ranges come in various sizes, so you’ll want to make sure you choose one that’s appropriate for the size of your kitchen.
Freestanding ranges can be powered by gas, electricity, or both. Be sure to choose a range that’s compatible with the type of fuel you have available in your home.
Freestanding ranges can have either a smooth cooktop or a coil cooktop. Each type has pros and cons, so be sure to choose the one that’s right for your cooking needs.
Freestanding ranges can have either a single oven or a double oven. If you do a lot of baking, you’ll want to choose a range with a double oven.
Freestanding ranges come with various features, so be sure to choose one with the features you need. Some common features include self-cleaning ovens, storage drawers, and warming drawers.
- A freestanding range offers the cooktop and oven in one unit, making it ideal for smaller kitchens with limited space.
- These ranges are available in various widths and heights to suit your needs, and many models include features like sealed burners, self-cleaning ovens, and storage drawers.
- Freestanding ranges are typically less expensive than built-in models, making them a great option for budget-conscious shoppers.
- Many people prefer the classic look of a freestanding range as opposed to the more modern appearance of a built-in model.
- Because freestanding ranges are not built into the kitchen cabinets, they can take up more space and may not be a good option for small kitchens.
- These ranges also require more installation work, as you will need to connect the range to an existing gas line or have an electrician install a new circuit.
- Freestanding ranges can be more difficult to clean than built-in models, as crumbs and spills can collect behind and under the unit.
Slide-In Model Vs Freestanding Range: What Is Difference?
Freestanding Ranges: Popular and Economical
Freestanding Range – Freestanding ranges are undoubtedly the hottest new range style, and so have a tendency to be cheaper.
Contrary to slide-in ranges, these ranges have ended a backsplash, which they are sometimes installed in-between cupboards, at the edge of the counter, or position independently.
Usually, electrical ranges have controls over the backsplash, while gas ranges have rules at the front. The backlash could have an LCD screen, a timer along with another control panel.
Select This Kind of new range should you want:
- Setup any location at which the negative (s) of this oven will reveal
- Standalone setup, not assembled into a cupboard or island
- Security on the backsplash from spills and splatters
- A Less Expensive Choice to match a tighter budget
- More choices to Select from, including endings, brands, and dimensions
- More flexibility, because it could be installed independently or between cabinets
Slide-In Ranges: Sleeker But at a Price
Slide-In Range – Slide-in ranges are all made to produce a more seamless, built-in appearance and don’t have any top backsplash or board. Since the content is intended to slide between cupboards or other appliances, the sides aren’t completed or enclosed.
This usually means you will need to install it using something on either side, like cupboards or other appliances. That said, ranges often appear more habitually and more economical than freestanding fashions. Therefore, they generally include a higher cost.
Select This Kind of range should you want:
- A seamless, built-in Appearance with setup between two closets
- A more personalized built in look to match custom surrounding cabinetry
- Setup at a kitchen island (Because There Is Absolutely No backsplash panel)
- A more modern appearance that does not block the backsplash or wall
- A more lavish, commercial-inspired Appearance
Are These Ranges Interchangeable?
While both dual fuel freestanding models and slide-in ranges offer you similar alternatives and functionality, both layouts aren’t entirely interchangeable. Yet more, it comes down to setup.
Slide-in ranges aren’t installed right against a wall, sitting a couple of inches away from it. There’s usually a couple of inches of counter space that wraps around the rear of the cooktop surface knobs.
If you switch out your slide-in range to get a freestanding version, then you’ll have to upgrade your countertop setup to adapt it.
Likewise, you ought to prepare yourself to fill in a two-inch gap (or bigger) if you invest in a freestanding selection to get a slide-in version. You will also have to upgrade the wall supporting your stove so that it’s resistant to steam, stains, and water.
Before buying a freestanding or slide-in selection, make sure you talk with an experienced appliance retailer or a remodeling pro to ensure that your brand new range will fit nicely on your kitchen.
Some relevant posts:
- Does A Gas Range Need To Be Vented 2022: Top Full Guide
- How To Install A Gas Range 2022: Top Full Guide
- Induction Cooktop Vs Gas 2022: Top Full Guide
- LG Vs Samsung Gas Range 2022: Which Is Best Choice?
- Propane Vs Natural Gas Range 2022: Top Full Guide
- How To Clean Gas Range Burners 2022: Top Full Guide
Slide-in Range Vs. Freestanding Range: Which Should I Choose?
Slide-in ranges are designed to fit flush with your countertop and backsplash. This gives your kitchen a sleek, built-in look. Slide-in ranges also tend to have higher-end features, such as convection ovens and dual-fuel options.
On the other hand, Freestanding ranges are not attached to your countertop or backsplash. This gives you more flexibility in terms of placement but can also leave gaps that are difficult to clean.
Freestanding ranges typically have fewer bells and whistles than slide-in models, but they are often more affordable.
So, which is right for you? It depends on your kitchen layout, budget, and personal preferences. A slide-in model is probably your best bet if you want a high-end range with all the latest features.
If you’re on a tight budget or need more flexibility in terms of placement, a freestanding range may be the way to go.
Bonus: Front-Control Range
There are many factors to consider when purchasing a new range for your kitchen. One important factor is whether you want a front-control or back-control range.
Front-control ranges have controls on the front, while back-control ranges have controls on the back. There are pros and cons to each type of range.
Front-control ranges are typically more expensive than back-control ranges. However, they offer a few advantages.
- First, front-control ranges tend to have a sleeker, more modern look.
- Second, they often have more features and options than back-control ranges.
- Third, front-control ranges are easier to reach and operate than back-control ranges.
FAQs about Freestanding vs Slide In Gas Range
Why are slide-in ranges more expensive than freestanding?
Slide-in ranges are usually more expensive than freestanding ones because they offer a built-in look and have more features. They are also easier to clean because there is no space between the range and the countertop.
What is the benefit of a slide-in range?
One of the benefits of a slide-in range is that it can give your kitchen a more modern look. They also tend to be easier to clean because there is no area where food can get trapped. Additionally, slide-in ranges usually have more cooking features than traditional ranges.
Does a slide-in range need a countertop behind it?
No, a slide-in range does not need a countertop behind it. It can be installed flush with the countertop or with a small gap.
How to install a slide-in range?
Installing a slide-in range is not a difficult task, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- First, ensure the area where you want to install the range is level.
- Second, when you’re ready to install the range, slide it into place and secure it with screws.
- Finally, connect the power and gas lines according to the manufacturer’s instructions. With a little effort, you can install a new slide-in range in no time.
Can you replace a freestanding range with a slide-in range?
Most people think of the classic freestanding option when it comes to ranges. However, a slide-in range is a great alternative that can offer many benefits.
For one, slide-in ranges tend to have a sleeker, more modern look that can complement any kitchen. They’re also easier to clean since there’s no back panel to remove.
Additionally, slide-in ranges typically have better ventilation, which can be a major plus if you do a lot of cooking.
When deciding between a slide vs. free standing range, it’s important to consider your budget, space constraints, and cooking needs.
Use this guide to help you make an informed decision when purchasing a new range for your home. Thanks for reading!