- Paul Kahan
The Yeti vs RTIC Tumbler debate has been going on for a while now. Is the Yeti the clear winner in the battle of the brands? Are these comparing apples to oranges? What exactly is the difference between a “double-walled” and a “single-walled” container? The Yeti vs RTIC debate has been going on for a while now. The battle of the brands has been going on for years.
In a battle of the hard-sided, vacuum insulated drink containers, yeti is taking on Rtic. While they each have their strengths, one may be a more practical purchase for various reasons.
Yeti soft Coolers was established in 2006. They specialize in hard coolers that fit all your needs. Yeti Coolers grew to include more items, such as outdoor equipment and pet accessories.
The catalog has a listing of tumblers as well as ramblers. Let’s take a look at the 20 oz tumbler. The Yeti 20 oz. Is priced at $29.99. The tumbler comes with a mag slider cover. The Magslider lid is magnetic and makes it easy to close the lid.
The product description states that the lid is not leakproof and will not protect from spills. The tumbler is available in a variety of colors, including a stainless-steel finish. You can customize your tumbler with add-ons like logos, names, and designs. Every tumbler is equipped with double wall vacuum insulation.
This feature ensures that your beverage will stay at the same temperature, whether it’s hot or cold, no matter what temperature you are drinking it. The Yeti rambler offers a great tumbler that is both dishwasher-safe and cup-holder compatible.
RTI, formerly known as RTIC Coolers, was also a provider of affordable Yeti coolers for all your cooling needs. RTIC recently added items like camping gear and drinkware to their catalog.
RTIC also has a 20 oz. The purchase of a tumbler makes it easy to compare the Yeti Rambler. RTIC sells a basic tumbler for around $29.95. This is an excellent option for those who love the look and feel of one product but wish to modify it if necessary.
There are many options to personalize your tumbler, including a wide range of colors and finishes. The RTIC is different from the Yeti Rambler. It uses a vacuum-tight seal mechanism instead of a snap-and shut mechanism. This allows for spill prevention and drinking. This seal is much more likely to prevent spillage. Although it’s not dishwasher-safe, the steel interior would make cleaning easy.
This tumbler model measures 2 3/4 inches in width at the base. It is cup holder compatible and can be held comfortably in your hand. RTIC offers a few more quality features. But how does it hold up against Yeti Tundra?
The Main Differences Between The YETI Tumbler Vs RTIC
These are the main differences between YETI Tundra & RTIC soft:
- YETI Hopper can be washed in the dishwasher, while RTIC needs to be hand-washed.
- YETI Roadie has a powder coating, while RTIC does not.
- The magnet-based lid on the YETI drinkware is magnetic, while the RTIC has a flip-top.
Besides that, our list has more info about RTIC Vs Yeti Cooler 2022, let’s click here: https://publicananker.com/rtic-vs-yeti-cooler/
Things To Think About When Buying Yeti Vs RTIC Tumbler
It can be challenging to buy RTIC softpak. It doesn’t have it to be. To ensure that you get a suitable tumbler for you, we have compiled some top tips to help you make an informed decision before you buy one.
The Insulation Mechanism
A stainless steel tumbler’s purpose is to keep beverages hot or cold, depending on the purpose. To do this job well, ensure that the tumbler you choose has an effective insulation mechanism. The best flasks can keep the heat for 24 hours. The average flask can hold heat for 12 hours. However, the best everyday flasks retain heat for 6-8 hours.
A tumbler should keep drinks chilled for at least 24 hours. This seems to be the industry standard. You’ll get a less reliable model. Compare the durability of your tumbler with other brands to find the best.
The Overall Durability
No matter where you are in the world, your tumbler will need to last. A tumbler that is damaged or brittle after just a few drops is not something you want, especially if your destination is far from home. Many brands prefer stainless steel as a travel tumbler. It’s durable and can be reused, which is better for the environment than single-use plastic. This is excellent news for those who are going off-grid.
The overall design of your tumbler is essential to consider. This includes everything from the leak-proof to its size and shape.
The Shape And Size
Consider how large you want your tumbler. A tumbler that can hold a lot of liquid might be the best choice. Or you may need something smaller to fit your needs. It’s essential to find one that has a broader base, the classic tumbler shape. This makes it less likely to tip. This is a good idea if you are traveling with uneven surfaces to place your cup on.
Tumblers come in many sizes. The RTIC Tumbler review comes in a variety of sizes, including 18 oz. 26 oz. 36 oz. 64 oz. Cups. It is essential to know how much liquid you may need at once before choosing the size. You have two options when it comes to YETI: 20 oz or 30 oz.
A leaking lid is something you don’t want. A well-constructed tumbler will usually include a good lid. However, it is a good idea to read reviews before you buy. The vacuum seal prevents liquid from escaping from a high-quality flask.
It would help if you also looked out for lockable, auto-scalable lids. These lids can be closed when you need to store your flask. It won’t leak even if the liquid is present. A transparent lid can help you determine if the travel cup is right for you.
Similarities Of Yeti Vs RTIC Tumbler
While there are many differences between RTIC and Yeti, such as customization and drinking accessories, the tumblers still share a few commonalities.
RTIC and Yeti are both committed to providing the highest quality tumblers possible. They use 18/8 food-grade stainless steel. This ensures tumblers last a lifetime and are rustproof.
It is not something anyone wants to deal with, especially if their tumbler starts to rust after many uses. Double-wall vacuum insulation is another feature found in both tumblers. RTIC states specifically that ice chest stored inside their tumblers will keep cold for 24 hours.
Although this might be true for Yeti, the website doesn’t specifically state that it can keep ice cool for that long. Surprisingly, the Yeti and RTIC have the same width at their bases and the top. The RTIC is 1/8 inch taller than the Yeti.
We’ve seen the similarities and differences. But which tumbler brand is more durable?
YETI vs. RTIC – Which is better?
The next section of this guide will give you more information on RTIC and YETI to help you decide which one is best for you and your travel plans.
RTIC is another top travel tumbler brand. It is great for budget-minded people as their range is usually more affordable than YETI. Their RTIC are made from strong 18/8 stainless steel, so they will not let you down no matter where you are.
RTIC uses double-wall vacuum insulation. This double-wall vacuum is used to insulate the RTIC. These tumblers are similar to the YETI and feature a non-slip exterior to prevent slippage.
RTIC claims that it can keep ice solid for 24 hours. This is a great feature and a testament to how insulation the tumbler is. This might not hold in hotter climates, but it is possible to have a few hours’ worths of ice if you need it.
The tumbler’s design is sleek and attractive. It has a tall, narrow design with an easy-to-grip base. You can also choose from a variety of colors so that you can match your style.
RTIC is not dishwasher-safe. While this might not be a problem if you are traveling with one, it could prove not very pleasant if you use one daily at home. Some users have complained about leakage issues from the flip-top lid. Some users have reported being bitten by the lid.
Double-wall vacuum insulation – maximum temperature retention and hands protection from the cold.
- Ice keeps longer, up to 24 hours.
- Hot drinks kept warm – great for hot beverages.
- Construction in strong stainless steel 18/8.
- The design is narrow and tall.
- The base for easy grip
- No-sweat exterior
- The shaded splash-proof lid allows you to see exactly how many drinks you have. The flip-top lid is leak-proof and straw-friendly.
- It is easy to clean.
- Available in many colors and designs
- Alternative to the less expensive YETI
- Ice holds ice longer than other brands.
- It is not safe to use the dishwasher. Hand-wash only.
- The design is not as appealing as the YETI.
Popular opinion about the RTIC
- These are some reviews that we found online from real users.
- One customer service stated that the color is perfect and has not suffered any dents, scratches, or dings.
- Another person stated that the last few sips of their coffee with the old mug were cold when they reached the parking lot. The RTIC cup was hot when they arrived at work.
- Many customers love the lack of condensation around the outside of their cups.
- Some people complained about the durability and leaking of the lid.
YETI has been making tumblers since 2006. They are a pioneer in tumbler design and have established themselves as one the most well-known and loved brands for travelers who want to keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cool. The tumblers are made of 18/8 stainless steel. This makes them durable, tough, and ready to go. The no-sweat design is also a key feature. This means there will be no condensation on the cup’s outside, making it easier to hold and less likely to slip through your hands.
Duracoat powder coating is another great feature. Duracoat powder coating helps to keep each tumbler’s color intact and prevents it from cracking, peeling, or fading. This is particularly useful for long-distance travelers who may drop their tumblers or have to pack them in with other items.
MagSlider lids are also available. These lids use magnets to lock down beverages when they’re not being used. Some people have complained that the lid doesn’t prevent spills completely. This is something you should keep in mind if this is something you are considering.
You don’t have to care about the design. There are many YETI available. They come in a variety of vibrant and bright colors to match your style. These cups are some of the most attractive on the market. They are more expensive than other brands, including RTIC Tumblers. However, most people agree that they are well worth the money.
- It is made from 18/8 stainless steel, which is kitchen-grade, puncture, and corrosion-resistant.
- Vacuum insulation double-wall to keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold.
- Standard with the YETI MagSlider cover, the only lid that uses magnets to lock your favorite beverage, water, or beer.
- Duracoat is a durable color coat that doesn’t peel or crack after extended field use. It also provides additional grip for the Rambler’s exterior.
- You can use them in the dishwasher.
- There are many colors and designs to choose from.
- BPA-fee, no-sweat design.
- All YETI tumblers can be used in standard-sized cups holders.
- Limited Warranty of 5 Years
- It works great for keeping drinks warm or cold.
- Cup-holder friendly.
- It is extremely durable and can be used for travel when it’s likely that you will drop or knock the tumbler.
- Dishwasher-friendly for a simpler life
- Tumblers can be quite costly.
- Some users complained that the lids don’t seal properly.
Popular opinion about the YETI
- Real-life customer reviews are the best way to gauge customer satisfaction. These are just a few of the comments that we found online.
- One customer loved that even with hot coffee inside, it was impossible to feel the heat from the container while still holding it.
- Others like that the tumblers can be opened for drinking and then taken apart for cleaning.
- The choice of colors is generally well-received.
- Customers have also mentioned that the product is not 100% spill-proof. Customers also cautioned others to be cautious as the contents can get unexpectedly hot because you can’t feel it from the outside.
Do YETI Tumbler cups sweat?
No. YETI’s unique design ensures that the tumblers do not condense or sweat when filled with hot or cold beverages. Because they are vacuum-sealed, the cups don’t freeze and stay at room temperature. Condensation doesn’t occur.
What insulation is used in YETI tumblers?
YETI uses up to 3 inches of insulation in the lid and walls. The top is not just placed on the body but interlocks to provide additional security. The inside is made of pressure-injected polyurethane foam to maintain coldness.
How are YETI Tumblers insulated?
You can put anything inside, even cocktails or coffee.
Can you put soda in a YETI?
It is not. These tumblers are not dishwasher-safe and should only be washed by hand. Remember to wash your tumbler well before you use it. Use warm water and bleach to remove stubborn stains or odors.
Can RTIC coolers go in the dishwasher?
RTIC is made using a one-piece seamless rotating molded construction or ultra-thick construction. It is virtually indestructible and offers all the ice retention customers require.
Are RTIC Tumblers good quality?
The Most Similar To Yeti
- Ozark Trail Tumblers (Walmart’s Brand)
- RTIC is the closest knockoff.
- Amazing Ice Retention and Design: Simple Modern.
- Amazon Special for the Beast
- Ceramic lined: Taste the Earth Ceramic Coated Tumbler.
- Atlin Tumbler: A Cheap Lookalike
- Big Brand: Hydro Flask Cup.
- Unique: S’well.
Why is Yeti so expensive?
Yeti’s high price tag is not the reason it costs so much. It is branded as a luxury item. The company’s goal is to make Yeti cool, attractive, premium, and high-quality. These things were created so that customers would not mind paying a lot for coolers.
This article concludes that the Yeti is the clear winner in the Battle of Insulated Tumblers. Although both products are built for comfort and durability, the Yeti brand appears more trustworthy than the Rtic brand. The Yeti has many positive reviews and few complaints, while the Rtic has many complaints and only a few reviews.