- Paul Kahan
One of the best methods to get the fridge to function again is to reset it. So, how to reset Samsung refrigerator quickly and safely? Publican Anker will provide you with the best reset tips in every forum.
To improve the effectiveness of the reset, please read the Samsung refrigerator’s operation manual carefully. We wish you success.
Where is Reset Button On Your Samsung Refrigerator?
Samsung refrigerator models might have different locations for the power reset button. Depending on the model, the refrigerator’s reset button may be on the rear or inside control panels.
You can check the user handbook that came with your fridge if you can’t find the reset button. The manual will provide detailed instructions on how to reset your specific model of Samsung refrigerator.
How To Reset Samsung Refrigerators?
There are two ways to reset your Samsung refrigerator models. You can turn off the power outage breaker for 2 minutes, then turn it on.
You can also reset and switch the refrigerator’s main control panel board by pressing and holding the power freeze buttons simultaneously or POWER COOL button until you hear a click.
Method 1 (not always works, but try)
If your Samsung refrigerator isn’t functioning correctly and you suspect a reset is in order, please perform the following:
Unplug the refrigerator’s main control board from the wall and flip the breaker to the OFF position.
The next step is to wait between 10-15 minutes before you can restore the power outage. This allows your reset Samsung fridge control panel to restart during this downtime.
It should be completely reset after you have plugged it in and turned the power outage back on.
Method 2 (Using Two Buttons)
Here are the steps to reset a Samsung refrigerator using two buttons:
- Locate the “Power Freeze” and “Power Cool” buttons on the control panel of your Samsung refrigerator. These buttons are usually located on the front panel of the refrigerator, just above the dispenser.
- Press and hold the “Power Freeze” and “Power Cool” buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. The display panel on your refrigerator will blink and reset.
- Wait for the reset to complete. Once the reset is complete, the display panel on your refrigerator should stop blinking and return to normal.
Note: The steps to reset a Samsung refrigerator may vary depending on the model. If you’re unsure about how to reset your specific model of Samsung refrigerator, consult the user manual that came with your refrigerator.
Reset The Touch Screen
The Samsung refrigerator touch screen may be reset by following these procedures.:
- In order to activate the child lock feature, press and hold the “Ice Type” and “Child Lock” buttons at the same time for three to five seconds.
- Release the buttons and wait for the touch screen to reset.
- Check the touch screen to ensure that it has been reset and is responding correctly.
Note: If the touch screen on your Samsung refrigerator is not responding even after resetting, there may be an issue with the control board or wiring. In such cases, consulting a professional technician or contacting Samsung customer support is recommended for assistance.
Reset The Control Panel
Locate the control panel on the front of your Samsung refrigerator.
- Unplug the refrigerator from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the “Power Freeze” and “Power Cool” buttons simultaneously for 10-15 seconds.
- While holding the buttons, plug the refrigerator back into the power outlet.
- Continue holding the buttons for another 10-15 seconds until the display panel on the refrigerator blinks.
- Release the buttons and wait for the control panel to reset.
- Check the control panel to ensure that it has been reset and is responding correctly.
Note: If the control panel on your Samsung refrigerator is not responding even after resetting, there may be an issue with the control board or wiring. In such cases, it’s recommended to consult a professional technician or contact Samsung customer support for assistance.
Reset After A Power Outage
Here are the steps to reset after a power outage:
- Wait for the power to be restored before attempting to reset the refrigerator.
- Check the display panel on your Samsung refrigerator. If the display panel is blank, the refrigerator may have entered demo mode after the power outage. Hold the “Energy Saver” and “Power Freeze” buttons down for three to five seconds until the display panel returns to normal to leave demo mode.
- Check the temperature settings on your Samsung refrigerator. The temperature settings may have been reset to default after the power outage. Adjust the temperature settings as necessary to ensure that the refrigerator and freezer are at the desired temperatures.
- Check the water and ice dispenser. After a power loss, it may be necessary to reset the dispenser if it is not functioning properly. Disconnecting the fridge from the wall for 30 seconds will reset the dispenser. The dispenser may now be reset and restored to full functionality.
- Wait for the refrigerator to stabilize. The refrigerator’s temperature might take several hours to regulate and return to normal after a power loss. Avoid opening the refrigerator and freezer doors frequently during this time to allow the refrigerator to reach the desired temperatures more quickly.
How To Reset The Ice Maker On A Samsung Fridge Freezer
Resetting A Flex Tray Ice Maker
- Locate the test button on the ice maker. It is usually located on the front of the ice maker, on the bottom of the ice bucket or behind the ice bucket.
- Press and hold the test button until you hear a chime or the ice maker begins to cycle.
- Release the test button and wait for the ice maker to complete the cycle. This can take several minutes.
- Once the cycle is complete, the ice maker should be reset and ready to make ice.
Resetting A Heated Tray Ice Maker
- Locate the test button on your Samsung fridge freezer. The test button is usually located on the ice maker or the control panel of the fridge freezer.
- Press and hold the test button for 3-5 seconds, until the ice maker begins to cycle.
- Wait for the ice maker to complete one full cycle. This may take several minutes.
- Check the ice maker to see if it’s producing ice. If the ice maker is producing ice, the reset was successful. If the ice maker is still not producing ice, it may need further troubleshooting or repair.
How To Reset Samsung Fridge Filter Indicator
Are you annoyed by the constant reminders from your French door Samsung refrigerator to change your water filter? Regularly changing the water filter will ensure you always have clean, fresh water.
The filters should be replaced every six months or as often as you drink water. You will notice a change in the indicator light to indicate when you should change it.
The color options will vary depending on the model, but red is always the final stage.
Once you have purchased and changed a water filter indicator, press the following buttons (check the owner’s manual). Hold the button for 3 to 5 seconds to turn the water filter on.
- Alarm button
- Ice maker/WATER
- WATER/ICE TYPE
You will need to locate the reset switch. This is usually underneath the ice maker, past the front cover. Simply press and hold this button until you hear the ice tray motor kick on. Close the freezer door and then wait up to 24-hours for operations to return to normal.
Tips for Resetting Any Samsung Refrigerator
You can reset your fridge with a few simple steps. There are a few options that you can use to reset your Samsung refrigerator.
Press and Hold Buttons
You can hold the “power freeze” and “power cool” buttons simultaneously for five seconds for most Samsung model. These buttons are found on all Samsung refrigerators.
The fridge will reset your Samsung refrigerator if you hold both buttons simultaneously for several seconds.
Reset switches are also available on some fridges. A small control panel can be found on the top of your fridge door. You will find a blue reset button or reset switch labeled “reset” underneath the refrigerator french door.
Pressing this button or flipping it will reset all Samsung refrigerators that have this feature. You can continue to the next step if nothing happens.
If your Samsung refrigerator is stuck in Demo mode, you’ll need to reset it. The way you do this depends on how old the fridge is.
However, keep in mind that not all codes signify an error code with your fridge. In this case, it is useful to hold off on resetting and examine the codes.
Check for Error Codes
You should check the temperature display panel for errors codes. You can find the correct way to reset your fridge by looking up the error code.
In most cases, smart fridges can diagnose their problems automatically. Samsung’s error codes messages database can help you find the problem if you see an error code.
The Hard Reset
The hard reset is a universally applicable technology. It’s possible to turn off time for almost everything that has a computer chip. This is also true for fridges.
A hard reset can fix almost everything that a soft reset cannot. Be careful as this could sometimes cause your settings to be lost. Before you attempt a hard reset, make sure you back up any saved schedules to your fridge.
Turn off your fridge. Press and hold the power button on the fridge until it turns off.
Unplug your fridge. Grab the outlet and pull it out of the wall. It is important to cut off the electrical supply so that it does not get turned off.
Give it at least ten minutes. Waiting for the fridge to cool down can help it.
Turn the fridge on again by plugging it in. Your fridge should work in 90% of cases!
After the Reset
Most cases will resolve their problem with one of these reset options. It is important to double-check.
After your fridge has started to run again, you should continue to monitor it over the next few days. You want to make sure your fridge normally runs without any temperature display fluctuations or error code messages. You are good to go if everything is working normally.
Contact a professional if you are still concerned about your fridge. It is better to repair a problem quickly than to replace your fridge because it was damaged.
Maybe You Need To Know:
- How To Reset Maytag Refrigerator
- How To Unlock Samsung Refrigerator 2023
- Defrost Samsung Refrigerator 2023
- How To Reset LG Refrigerator Top Full Guide 2023
- How To Reset LG Refrigerator Ice Maker Top Full Guide 2023
- How To Clean Samsung Refrigerator Coils Top Full Guide 2023
- Samsung Refrigerator Noise Stops When Door Open Full Guide 2023
- How Long Does It Take A Refrigerator To Cool Top Full Guide 2023
How do I reset my Samsung double-door refrigerator?
You can hold the “power freeze” and “power cool” buttons simultaneously for five seconds for most Samsung logo. These buttons are found on all Samsung models.
The fridge will reset if you hold both buttons simultaneously for several seconds. Some fridges have reset switches.
Does a Samsung refrigerator have a reset button?
On a Samsung refrigerator, the reset button is located on the interior side. It can be found either behind the ice bucket or on the control panel.
How do I fix my Samsung refrigerator not cooling function?
- Check the power first. We know, we are sure.
- Take out anything that might block the air vents.
- Take a look at the thermostat.
- Vacuum the coils.
- Make sure the seal is on the doors.
- Puls can provide top-quality Samsung refrigerator repairs.
Why is my Samsung refrigerator not working?
Ice maker buildup on Samsung freezers is a common problem. This happens when warm air passes through cold evaporator coils.
The air first condenses and then freezes on the coils. This causes the coils to the ice bucket and will prevent the defrost cycle from addressing this problem.
Publican Anker offers other articles that can be used to help you save time, effort, and money when disposing of your refrigerator. Leave a comment below if you have any questions. The article will be quickly updated to reflect current events.