- Paul Kahan
A lot of people have a problem deciding which cooler is the better choice. RTIC Vs Ozark Trail Cooler both make quality products, but they are different in many ways.
Ozark Trail coolers are usually less expensive than RTIC coolers, but with that comes some trade-offs.
Most notably, RTIC hard sided Coolers come with a lifetime warranty for all their customers, while Ozark Trail offers limited warranties to those who buy their coolers from an authorized dealer only. Which one should you choose? Read on to find out!
About Ozark Cooler
Ozark hard sided Cooler is yet another American brand that has gained popularity in the more relaxed industry. It is based in St. Louis, Missouri. The Ozark Trail soft cooler started production in 2006 as a joint venture by Coleman Company and Sportsman Group.
It is a popular model for families on road trips or camping journeys who don’t want to spend too much on a cooler. The coolers are available in sizes ranging from 25 quarts to 50 quarts and have 5/8″ insulation by default.
Features of the Ozark Cooler
Ozark cooler is made of polyethylene and uses r-panel insulation. It has a thick plastic liner that offers extreme durability and protection from rips, tears, and punctures.
It comes with two sturdy carry handles on both sides to be lifted by two persons easily. The lid is designed so that once the lid is lifted, the cooler can be carried by just one person.
The coolers have a leakproof drainage plug attached to them. It helps in draining water from the hard sided cooler when rinsing it under running water.
It comes with three different color choices, i.e., red, royal blue, and forest green, each having its unique handle.
Another thing that makes Ozark cooler a good one is its durability and longevity. The r-panel insulation used in the coolers keeps them cold for hours even when there are no ice packs or coolants. Most customers who have bought an Ozark hard sided cooler say it works well even after several years of use!
Pros of Ozark Coolers
1. The r-panel insulation of Ozark hard sided coolers maintains the temperature for a longer duration even when there are no ice retention packs in it. This makes it ideal to be used as a temporary cooler box filled with beverages early in the day and used throughout the event.
2. It comes at an affordable price range. It costs nearly half as much as Yeti rambler or YETI Tundra and seems to be just as efficient.
3. The size options make this cooler highly versatile and portable since it can easily fit in a car trunk or an SUV backseat.
4. The r-panel insulation coupled with thick plastic liner makes it highly durable. The cooler is leakproof, making rinsing it under running water a breeze even when the liner rips off.
5. Ozark coolers come with a handle on top that allows one person to carry it easily, incredibly when packed and heavy. This adds to its portability since taking it from one place to another isn’t difficult at all.
Cons of Ozark Coolers
1. The r-panel insulation ensures that the temperature is maintained for longer, but it takes a lot of time to cool down completely. This can be frustrating when you are in a hurry and need just some ice packs to keep your drinks cold until then, nothing like a hassle-free rambler that cools down within seconds.
2. Ozark is a relatively new player in the more relaxed industry, and they don’t have much to offer as far as customization options are concerned. Not many accessories are available for this brand, unlike Coleman and Yeti ramblers that make ramblers with accessories.
3. The r-panel insulation also makes the cooler bulky and heavy. Instead of using an r-panel, a less thick plastic lining that is cheaper yet equally durable would have been more practical and efficient for everyday use.
About RTIC Cooler
RTIC coolers are pretty popular among those looking for budget-friendly coolers. They are owned by a company called Lloyd LLC which started making wanderers in 2006.
The r-panel insulation used in making ramblers helps maintain the temperature for a longer duration compared to other coolers with less thick r-panel.
Since RTIC coolers have user-panel insulation, they are a little bulkier and heavier than ramblers made with less thick r-panel but are pretty cheaper.
Features of the RTIC Cooler
1. RTIC rambler comes in four different colors, including black, blue, red, and camo, with matching, handles on top of them. It has two stainless steel cup holders attached to the rambler that can be used to store cans or bottles.
2. The r-panel insulation in the rambler helps maintain the temperature inside the wanderer for a longer duration compared to vagabonds made with other types of liners. This is because the r-panel is thicker than the regular plastic liner. Also, an r-panel rambler is cheaper than a wanderer with a rotomolded liner.
3. The r-panel rambler can keep ice frozen for nearly four days, and this makes it a good choice for those who are planning to go camping and spend more extended periods at one spot.
4. It comes in various sizes, so you can choose a wanderer that is just right for your needs.
5. r-panel rambler comes with a lifetime warranty and an unconditional refund guarantee against rips, dents, or breakage in everyday use.
6. r-panel rambler has the option to upgrade to a stainless r-panel liner at a nominal price.
Pros of RTIC
1. r-panel rambler can hold ice frozen for nearly four days, unlike rambler without r-panel that lasts just a day or two. This makes the r-panel vagabond an ideal camping rambler.
2. The size options make it highly versatile and portable since they are readily available in small and large sizes. r-panel rambler can either be carried by hand or easily fitted in the trunk of a car, even when full and heavy.
3. r-panel rambler comes with a lifetime warranty and an unconditional refund guarantee against rips, dents, or breakage in everyday use. This is quite rare in the rambler industry and makes r-panel rambler a good choice for everyday use.
4. The r-panel rambler is cheaper than a rambler with rotomolded liner, which means you can get more bang for the buck. Furthermore, suppose at any time you are dissatisfied with your purchase.
In that case, r-panel rambler has an option for you to upgrader-panel hiker with stainless r-panel at a nominal price, unlike some rambler companies that make just one type of wanderer.
Cons of RTIC
1. The r-panel rambler requires more effort and time to do its job than the rambler without an r-panel. This is mainly because the r-panel vagabond stays frozen longer than the wanderer with a less thick r-panel.
2. r-panel rambler is a little on the heavy side, which can cause issues if you think of going backpacking with your r-panel vagabond.
3. r-panel rambler is not as flexible in size choices as rambler without r-panel since r-panel rambler lacks the option of having a smaller size than what it currently offers. For instance, if you want to carry an r-panel vagabond while backpacking, r-panel rambler is limited to a specific extent.
Comparison Between Ozark Cooler and the RTIC
Performance with Ice
Even though an r-panel rambler means you can keep your food and drink frozen for a longer duration, an r-panel vagabond cannot be used to keep ice frozen while it is on the move.
R-panel rambler needs to stand still at one place without any outside help so that the heat from the insider-panel rambler is not allowed to escape.
R-panel rambler can be used while backpacking if you are camping at the same spot every day for a week or more, but doing so will reduce its performance drastically.
The appearance of the Coolers
Ozark rambler looks better than r-panel rambler on one side, where r-panel rambler looks like a cheap rambler with r-panel glued to it. r-panel rambler is an average-looking rambler with r-panel glued on the outside.
The appearance of the r-panel rambler can be improved by giving it its design or perhaps offering some color choices. r-panel rambler only comes in one color, and that is navy blue.
Ozark rambler weighs more than an r-panel wanderer, making it less desirable for those looking to go backpacking with a cooler. Ozark rambler has a bigger capacity, so Ozark rambler has to be more prominent in terms of r-panel rambler r-panel rambler coolers have better portability as the size options are more flexible than choices with rambler that lacks r-panel.
Both Ozark rambler and r-panel rambler come only in one color, navy blue. r-panel rambler is available only in one size, which means r-panel rambler has fewer options than rambler with rotomolded liner.
Maybe you need to know:
For a wanderer without an r-panel, a cup can be attached to it using the hole provided at the top of the cooler, and this is not possible for r-panel can also be packed with ice retention if you want to make it more portable and this is something rambler without r-panel does not do.
Is Ozark rambler as good as Yeti?
Ozark rambler costs less than rambler with r-panel rambler, but this does not necessarily mean Ozark rambler is worse than rambler with r-panel. r-panel rambler tends to stay frozen for a longer time, making it better for longer trips in terms of duration and distance.
Does Walmart own Ozark Trail?
Ozark rambler is owned by the r-panel rambler company and not Walmart. r-panel rambler company does, however, sell r-panel rambler through Walmart as well as other retailers.
What cooler is better, Ozark rambler or lifetime?
The thing that will make you choose either one of these rambler r-panel ramblers is the price. r-panel rambler costs more than rambler without r-panel, so if you want to buy an affordable rambler, a lifetime cooler will be your choice.
What does RTIC stand for?
RTIC stands for rugged, challenging, and ice. r-panel rambler comes with r-panel rambler r-panel rambler is a little on the heavy side, which can cause issues if you are thinking of going backpacking with your r-panel rambler.
With so many different coolers to choose from, it can be challenging to find the right one. Luckily, we’ve done some research for you and found out which is best!
The most popular cooler of this year has been RTIC vs. Ozark Trail. Both models are quality products by reputable companies with a long history in the industry.
However, if you want an option that will let your food stay cold longer without using ice retention or electricity, then go with Publican Anker’s recommend -RTIC Cooler- as they offer more insulation than their competitors.
If you need any other information about these two coolers, please visit our website, where we have articles detailing each model and comparing them side by side.