- Paul Kahan
A lot of people have a problem deciding which cooler is the better choice. RTIC Vs Ozark Trail Cooler both make quality products, but they are different in many ways.
Most of the time, Ozark Trail coolers are cheaper than RTIC coolers, but there are some trade-offs.
The coolers made by RTIC are super special because they come with a guarantee that lasts for your whole life! This means that if anything goes wrong with your cooler, you can get it fixed or replaced for free!
On the other hand, if you buy a cooler from Ozark Trail, you can only get a limited guarantee. And you can only buy it from certain stores. Which one should you choose? Read on to find out!
About Ozark Cooler
The Ozark Cooler is a popular American brand that many people like to use when they’re having fun! It’s a hard cooler that can keep your drinks and snacks nice and cold. It is based in St. Louis, Missouri. The Ozark Trail soft cooler was first made in 2006 by two companies named Coleman Company and Sportsman Group. They worked together to create it.
It is a popular model for families on road trips or camping journeys who don’t want to spend too much on a cooler. The coolers are available in sizes ranging from 25 quarts to 50 quarts and have 5/8″ insulation by default.
Features of the Ozark Cooler
Ozark cooler is made of polyethylene and uses r-panel insulation. It has a thick plastic liner that offers extreme durability and protection from rips, tears, and punctures.
It comes with two sturdy carry handles on both sides to be lifted by two persons easily. The lid is designed so that once the lid is lifted, the cooler can be carried by just one person.
The coolers have a leakproof drainage plug attached to them. It helps drain water from the hard sided cooler when rinsing it under running water.
It comes in three colors: red, royal blue, and forest green. Each color has a different handle.
Another thing that makes Ozark cooler good is its durability and longevity. Even if there are no ice packs or coolants in the coolers, the r-panel insulation keeps them cold for hours. Most customers who have bought an Ozark hard sided cooler say it works well even after several years of use!
Pros of Ozark Coolers
1. When there are no ice retention packs in an Ozark cooler, the temperature stays the same for a longer time because of the r-panel insulation. This makes it a great portable cooler box that can be filled with drinks early in the day and used all day long.
2. It comes in an affordable price range. It costs nearly half as much as the Yeti Rambler or YETI Tundra and seems to be just as efficient.
3. This cooler is very useful and movable because it comes in different sizes and can fit in a car trunk or an SUV backseat.
4. The r-panel insulation coupled with thick plastic liner makes it highly durable. The cooler is leakproof, making rinsing it under running water a breeze even when the liner rips off.
5. Ozark coolers come with a handle on top that allows one person to carry it easily, when packed and heavy. This adds to its portability since taking it from one place to another isn’t difficult at all.
Cons of Ozark Coolers
1. The R-panel insulation keeps the temperature stable for a long time, but it takes a long time to cool down all the way. This can be annoying when you’re in a hurry and need some ice packs to keep your drinks cold until then. There’s nothing better than a rambler that cools down quickly and without any trouble.
2. Ozark is a newer company in a more laid-back business. And they don’t have a lot of options for customization. This brand doesn’t have as many tools as Coleman and Yeti which both make ramblers with accessories.
3. The r-panel insulation also makes the cooler bulky and heavy. Instead of using an R-panel, it would have been more useful and efficient for every day to use a less thick plastic lining that is cheaper and as durable.
About RTIC Cooler
RTIC coolers are pretty popular among those looking for budget-friendly coolers. They are owned by a company called Lloyd LLC which started making wanderers in 2006.
The r-panel insulation used to make ramblers keeps the temperature more stable for longer than coolers that is not as thick.
Since RTIC is made with user-panel insulation. And they are a little bigger and heavier than ramblers made with r-panel insulation that isn’t as thick, but they are a lot cheaper.
Features of the RTIC Cooler
1. RTIC rambler comes in four colors, including black, blue, red, and green, and each one has a handle that matches its color. It has two stainless steel cup holders attached to the rambler that can be used to store cans or bottles.
2. The r-panel insulation keeps the temperature inside the wanderer stable for longer than in bags. This is because the r-panel is thicker than the regular plastic liner. Also, an r-panel rambler is cheaper than a wanderer with a rotomolded liner.
3. The r-panel rambler can keep ice cold for almost four days. Because of this, it is a good choice for people who want to go camping and stay in one place for a long time.
4. It comes in various sizes, so you can choose a wanderer that is just right for your needs.
5. The r-panel rambler comes with a lifetime warranty and a promise that you will get your money back if it gets ripped, dented, or broken in normal use.
6. r-panel rambler has the option to upgrade to a stainless r-panel liner at a nominal price.
Pros of RTIC
1. A rambler with an R-panel can keep ice frozen for almost four days. A rambler without an R-panel, on the other hand, can only keep ice frozen for a day or two. This makes the r-panel vagabond an ideal camping rambler.
2. The size options make it highly versatile and portable since they are readily available in small and large sizes. R-panel rambler can either be carried by hand or easily fitted in the trunk of a car, even when full and heavy.
3. The r-panel rambler comes with a lifetime warranty and a promise that you will get your money back if it gets ripped, dented, or broken in normal use. This is quite rare in the rambler industry and makes r-panel rambler a good choice for everyday use.
4. The r-panel rambler is cheaper than a rambler with rotomolded liner, which means you can get more bang for the buck. Furthermore, suppose at any time you are dissatisfied with your purchase.
In that case, you can change your r-panel hiker to a stainless r-panel for a small fee at r-panel rambler. This is different from some rambler companies that only make one type of wanderer.
Cons of RTIC
1. The r-panel rambler requires more effort and time to do its job than the rambler without an r-panel. The main reason for this is that the vagabond with a thicker r-panel stays cold longer than the wanderer with a thinner r-panel.
2. The r-panel rambler is a bit heavy, which can be a problem if you want to take your r-panel vagabond traveling.
3. The size options aren’t as open as those for rambler without r-panel. Because rambler doesn’t come in a smaller size than what it already does. For example, if you want to take an r-panel vagabond while backpacking, you can only do so to a certain degree.
Comparison Between RTIC Vs Ozark Trail Cooler
Performance with Ice
Even though an r-panel wanderer can keep food and drinks frozen for longer, an r-panel vagabond cannot keep ice frozen while it is moving.
So that the heat from the insider-panel rambler doesn’t escape, the R-panel rambler needs to stay in one place without any help from the outside.
If you are staying in the same place every day for a week or more, you can use an R-panel rambler while backpacking, but it won’t work as well.
The appearance of the Coolers
On one side, Ozark looks better than r-panel rambler, which looks like a cheap rambler with r-panel stuck to it. R-panel rambler is an average-looking rambler with r-panel glued on the outside.
The appearance of the r-panel rambler can be improved by giving it its design or offering some color choices. R-panel rambler only comes in one color, and that is navy blue.
Ozark Rambler is heavier than an R-Panel Wanderer, which makes it less ideal for people who want to take a cooler backpacking. Ozark rambler can hold more than r-panel rambler, so Ozark rambler has to be more well-known. Rambler with r-panel is easier to carry because they come in a wider range of sizes than coolers without r-panel.
Both Ozark rambler and r-panel rambler come only in one color, navy blue. R-panel rambler is available only in one size, which means r-panel rambler has fewer options than rambler with rotomolded liner.
Maybe you need to know:
A cup can be connected to a rambler without an r-panel by using the hole at the top of the cooler. This is not possible with a rambler with an r-panel.
If you want to make it more portable, you can also pack it with ice retention. This is not possible with a rambler without an r-panel.
Is Ozark rambler as good as Yeti?
Ozark rambler costs less than rambler with r-panel rambler, but that doesn’t mean it’s worse. R-panel rambler tends to stay cold for longer, which makes it better for longer trips, both in terms of time and distance.
Does Walmart own Ozark Trail?
Ozark rambler is owned by the r-panel rambler company and not Walmart. R-panel rambler company does. However, sell r-panel rambler through Walmart as well as other retailers.
What cooler is better, Ozark rambler or lifetime?
The thing that will make you choose either one of these rambler r-panel ramblers is the price. R-panel ramblers cost more than ramblers without r-panels. So if you want to buy a rambler on a budget, you should get a lifetime cooler.
What does RTIC stand for?
RTIC stands for rugged, challenging, and ice. R-panel rambler is included with r-panel rambler. The r-panel rambler is a little bit on the heavy side, which can be a problem if you want to take it traveling.
With so many different coolers to choose from, it can be challenging to find the right one. Luckily, we’ve done some research for you and found out which is best!
The most popular cooler of this year has been RTIC vs Ozark Trail. Both models are made by respectable companies that have been in the business for a long time.
But Publican Anker suggests the RTIC Cooler if you want to keep your food cold longer without ice or electricity. This is because it has more insulation than its competitors.
If you want to know more about these two coolers, you can read about them in detail on our website, where we also compare them side by side.